Laid scrim is a cost-effective reinforcing fabric made by chemically bonding continuous filament yarn in an open mesh construction. It is commonly used to increase tear or puncture resistance, improve dimensional stability, or aid in processing. The utility of scrims can be further enhanced by the use of functional binders for increased chemical, heat or moisture resistance, for proper chemical compatibility with the construction they are reinforcing, or for providing the adhesive properties needed for lamination’s. ESF Technology products add an off angle and warp component to these characteristics.
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Variable tensile strength
- Increase tear resistance
- Off angle & multiple angle reinforcement
- Additional warp yarns available
- Multiple yarn types and combinations available
- Custom designed and made