SURFACE CLEANER is a combination of solvents specially blended to aid in the preparation of new and used molds/tools prior to treatment with ZYVAX MOLD SEALERS AND RELEASE AGENTS. It readily removes waxes and other surface contaminants without harming or dulling the working surfaces of the mold. SURFACE CLEANER will also clean brushes and spray equipment used to apply various release products and elastomeric materials. For a NON-VOC cleaner, use our WATERCLEAN.
SURFACE CLEANER BENEFITS
- Can be used to remove all release agents
- Fast drying
- Ease of Application and Use
- No residue
HOW TO USE
1. Apply SURFACE CLEANER liberally to the surface of the mold with a clean cloth.
2. As the waxes and other contaminants begin to dissolve and loosen, remove them from the surface while still wet using a separate clean cloth. Repeat this process until the mold is clean.
3. The cleaning cloths should be regularly replaced as they become saturated with wax, etc.
4. When all the contaminants have been removed, wipe the entire surface with a clean cloth soaked with SURFACE CLEANER, and gently buff until dry.
- As with all solvents, appropriate protective gear should be used when handling this product. Adequate ventilation should be employed, and solvent resistant gloves and respirators worn.
- This product is flammable, and its use in the presence of heat, sparks, or open flames should be strictly avoided. For industrial use only; keep out of reach of children.
- For excellent cleaning power without the use of solvents, use WATERCLEAN product in place of SURFACE CLEANER.
SURFACE CLEANER USES
Safe & effective cleaning for molds, tools, equipment and finished parts, will not remove uncured resin or gelcoat.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Store in a dry area in the original closed container. DO NOT store at elevated or freezing temperatures. Shelf life – 12 months providing original container remains unopened.
Material safety data sheets are available for all ZYVAX products and should be consulted prior to use of product.
- DOT SHIPPING NAME: Paint Related Material
- DOT HAZARD CLASSIFICATION: Flammable Liquid
- DOT I.D. NUMBER: UN1263
COMPOSITE SHIELD is available in the following sizes
- 1-U.S. gallon can
- 5-U.S. gallon pail
- 55-U.S. gallon pail