WATERSHIELD can be considered a UNIVERSAL release. It is a high performance polymer coating that has been created to give multiple releases while exceeding the most demanding environmental requirements. WATERSHIELD has no VOC’s and is so versatile it can be used for most molding operations and is preferred for application directly on warm mold tools. For a totally solvent-free mold release system, use WATERCLEAN, SEALPROOF and WATERSHIELD. WATERSHIELD V should be used for high temp applications when spraying is desired, and when applications for each part are specified
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE
- Aerospace approved
- No solvents or alcohol
- Thermal Stability
- No CFC’s, VOC’s, or ODC’s
- High Gloss
- Fast cure
- High slip/lubricity
- Non-flammable carrier
- Easy recoat/touch-up
- No build-up on mold
- Recommended for releasing epoxies, phenolics, polyester resins, polyamides, polybismaleimides, various rubbers and elastomers.
- Specified for applications where the use of flammable products or solvent based materials are not desired.
Before applying WATERSHIELD, all previous waxes or oils should be removed using WATERCLEAN, then a suitable mold sealer should be applied. If surfaces have been coated with a semi-permanent release agent, it may be possible to simply solvent wipe, dry, and apply WATERSHIELD. A test patch should be done to confirm this possibility.
WATERCLEAN has been developed to replace solvent-based cleaning solutions. WATERCLEAN is a stand-alone product that can be used to clean and prepare molds and/or parts when further processing is needed. WATERCLEAN provides an effective alternative for the removal of surface contaminants without harming the working surface of the mold and/or part. WATERCLEAN is RECOMMENDED FOR MOLD PREPARATION BEFORE APPLICATION OF AN APPROPRIATE MOLD SEALER.
For wood, gel coat, steel, carbon-graphite, fiberglass, polyester, epoxy, urethane, and aluminum use SEALPROOF for a durable, highly visible, penetrating film with superior adhesion and especially with poor or porous surfaces. Additional water based Zyvax sealers would be SEALMATTE (non-glossy surface) and SEALBRITE (high gloss surface).
HOW TO APPLY WATERSHIELD
1. Apply one light coat of WATERSHIELD to a small area of the mold using a Bounty paper towel, or hand sprayer.
2. Wait approximately 2 minutes, and then lightly wipe over the mold surface using a separate clean Bounty® paper towel.
3. Wait 15 minutes and apply the second coat of WATERSHIELD.
4. Wait approximately 2 minutes, and then lightly wipe over the mold surface using a separate clean Bounty® paper towel.
5. Allow a set time of 30 minutes before using mold. If application has been made to a warm surface, a shorter waiting period is needed. The use of heat (hot air, heat gun, oven) can enhance performance.
6. For touch up apply a single coat of WATERSHIELD as above and continue processing.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Store in a dry area in the original closed container. DO NOT store at elevated or freezing temperatures. Shelf life – 12 months providing original container remains unopened.
Material safety data sheets are available for all ZYVAX products and should be consulted prior to use of product.
- DOT SHIPPING NAME: None
- DOT HAZARD CLASSIFICATION: None
- DOT I.D. NUMBER: None
PACKAGING (WATERSHIELD is available in the following sizes)
- 1-U.S. gallon can
- 5-U.S. gallon pail
- 55-U.S. gallon pail