SEALER GP is a high modulus, clear, flexible film with superior substrate adhesion that forms a protective shield on the mold or tool surface. For NON-VOC sealers, request technical data on SealProof or SealMatte and for high gloss surfaces, SealBrite.
- Can be used with all release agents
- No transfer
- Retains mold detail and finish
- Moisture cured
- Thermally stable (900°F/480°C)
- Restores vacuum integrity
Product is moisture-sensitive. Container must be kept tightly closed when not in use.
SEALER GP USES
- Overcomes micro-porosity in mold surfaces.
- Eliminates the break-in time for new molds and/or tools.
- Restores a uniform surface when used over a mold repair or patch.
- Protects the surface of the mold from styrene emission and abrasion, therefore extending the useful life of the mold.
Before applying SEALER GP, all previous waxes or oils should be removed using SURFACE CLEANER.
SURFACE CLEANER is a combination of solvents specially blended to aid in the preparation of new and used molds/tools prior to treatment with ZYVAX MOLD SEALERS AND RELEASE AGENTS. It readily removes waxes and other surface contaminants without harming or dulling the working surfaces of the mold. SURFACE CLEANER will also clean brushes and spray equipment used to apply various release products and elastomeric materials. For a NON-VOC cleaner, use our WATERCLEAN.
HOW TO USE
1. Apply SEALER GP to a small area of the mold 1-2 sq. (.2 sq. m.) using a Bounty paper towel, clean lint free cloth, or hand sprayer.
2. While still wet, gently wipe dry using a separate clean Bounty paper towel or lint free cloth.
3. Make sure entire mold surface is coated in this manner, slightly over-lapping the last coated area if you are applying in sections. Be certain that all contours are adequately coated.
4. Wait for a minimum of 15 minutes.
5. Apply a second coat of SEALER GP in the same way, and wait for a minimum of 15 minutes.
6. Study chart below and apply appropriate number of coats.
7. After the final coat, wait at least 30 minutes before applying the release agent.
|Mold Type||Number of Coats (SEALER GP)|
|Polyester, gelcoat, epoxy||4|
|Epoxy tooling block, Bondo, oxidized gelcoat molds||6 or More|
|“Green” or patched molds (after proper curing-24 hours minimum)||4|
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
When stored in a cool, dry area (Temp. < 90°F/32°C) in the original unopened container, the product will remain active for more than one year.
Do not store at elevated temperatures. Product is moisture-sensitive, and will react with atmospheric moisture if exposed. Keep tightly closed when not in use.
Material safety data sheets are available for all ZYVAX products and should be consulted prior to use of product.
- DOT SHIPPING NAME: Resin Solution
- DOT HAZARD CLASSIFICATION: Flammable Liquid
- DOT I.D. NUMBER: UN 1866
COMPOSITE SHIELD is available in the following sizes
- 1-U.S. gallon can
- 5-U.S. gallon pail
- 55-U.S. gallon pail