WATERCLEAN has been developed to provide an environmentally safe and effective water-based alternative to solvent washing for the removal of surface contaminants. WATERCLEAN is non-hazardous, non-flammable and won’t harm the surface. WATERCLEAN eliminates sanding and/or solvent washing when preparing parts for painting, bonding or other processes that require a completely clean surface. For a totally solvent-free mold release system, use WATERCLEAN, SEALBRITE and WATERSHIELD.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE
- No build-up on mold
- No solvents or alcohol
- Non-flammable carrier
- No CFC’s, VOC’s, or ODC’s
HOW TO USE
1. WATERCLEAN should appear uniform in container. If not, then shake or stir.
2. Apply a SMALL amount directly on to the mold surface.
3. Using a damp paper towel scrub the surface. Work with small sections until the entire surface is scrubbed. For very large parts, an electric or air buffer can be used.
4. DO NOT allow WATERCLEAN to dry on the mold surface
5. Remove using only WATER. This can be done by rinsing with a wet paper towel or a water sprayer.
6. Rinse until no residue remains-the surface should “feel” clean.
7. Allow surface to dry either by wiping dry with a clean paper towel or by forced air or heat.
8. You are now ready to apply a sealer or release agent.
Safe & effective cleaning for molds, tools, equipment and finished parts, will not remove uncured resin or gelcoat.
WATERCLEAN needs to be carefully sealed when not in use in order to avoid water evaporation. If this happens either during use or storage, a light misting with water can return WATERCLEAN to usable consistency. NOTE: the addition of too much water will dilute efficiency.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store in a dry area in the original closed container. DO NOT store at elevated or freezing temperatures. Shelf life – 12 months.
Material safety data sheets are available for all ZYVAX products and should be consulted prior to use of product.
- DOT SHIPPING NAME : None
- DOT HAZARD CLASSIFICATION : None
- DOT I.D. NUMBER : None
PACKAGING (WATERCLEAN is available in the following sizes)
- 1-U.S. gallon can
- 5-U.S. gallon pail